Monday, May 17, 2010

Nights In Rodanthe


For this book I stepped slightly out of my comfort zone and attempted an audiobook. I know, I know I have ranted and raved about new technology and books, but when I changed up my commute to the train and realized how noisy it is, I thought- what the hell?

This particular blog post will be solely to review the "book" I will discuss my thoughts on the audiobook experience in another spot.

Nights in Rodanthe by Nicolas Sparks, sings the same tune as most of his novels. A strong love story of two individuals, ripped apart by the reality of life. Sparks does a remarkable job in almost all of his novels at writing and re-writing different versions of the original love story of Romeo and Juliet. Nights in Rodanthe is no different. Adrianne, a devoted and loving, divorced mother of three, who loses her self identity in her divorce, falls unexpectedly and deeply in love with the man a she has a chance encounter with over a weekend watching her friends inn.

Sparks does wonderful job through descriptions of setting the scene to really make you feel the emotions of the moment. The way he describes the impending storm, the wind in their hair, the cool breeze on their face, and the electric emotions between them makes you feel connected with the characters.

This marks my 3rd Sparks novel I have reviewed and read within the past few months (I guess I've been feelin' a little sappy, romantic lately..) His novels are a pure joy to read light and fun- with great emotions and really never disappointing. The man is nothing else but consistant in his work!

I would absolutely pick Nights In Rodanthe up, if you are looking for something to pass the warm summer nights with a cool glass of wine and want to be taken away to a romantic story of love and loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment