Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea


so i just finished a quick and hysterical read of Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler. this book is made up of short essays and anecdotes from Chelsea's life and experiences. if you are offended easily, definitely not the book for you- however i found it incredibly entertaining. it has been a long time since i've read a book that has actually made me giggle out loud. one of my favourite quotes from the book is:

"Are you there, vodka? It's me Chelsea. Please get me out of jail and I promise I will never drink again. Drink and Drive. I will never drink and drive again. I may even start my own group fashioned after MADD..., but I will call it AWLTDASH, Alcoholics Who Like to Drink and Stay Home."

Handler talks about everything from what it's like to date a redhead, to her fathers crazy antics to which she lovingly refers to him as Bitch Tits, and how utterly obsessed she is with little people, which again she lovingly refers to as Nuggets.

for some light, fun summer reading i definitely recommend this book to any female who needs a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment